The Sierra Water Workgroup‘s mission is to assist regional efforts to protect and enhance water quality, water supply, and watershed health; to develop cooperative regional responses; and to facilitate reinvestment in our watersheds and water resources by all beneficiaries. The Sierra Fund serves as fiscal sponsor of the Sierra Water Workgroup.
The group addresses water issues of concern to the Sierra by:
- Coordinating amongst local and regional water plans;
- Exchanging information and tools for water and watershed management amongst stakeholders in the region;
- Serving as an information source regarding state and federal water policy issues for local governments, nonprofits, and other stakeholders;
- Raising the profile of the Sierra to increase private, state and federal funding opportunities; and
- Advocating for Sierra water issues in state and federal legislative and administrative forums.
For more information, visit the SWWG website.