The Sierra Fund is a 501(c)3 nonprofit tax-exempt organization based in Nevada City, California. We serve the Sierra Nevada region of California, which includes 25 million acres, a third of the state’s area, and all or part of 22 rural counties.
The Sierra Fund serves two roles in the region:
- As a community foundation, we provide philanthropic services to donors and organizations in the region, and
- We identify and initiate critically needed programs in the region. Currently, our main program is our Reclaiming the Sierra Initiative, which works to address the legacy of historic mining in California.
For more information, please see:
- Board and Staff – Background and expertise of our organization’s leadership
- Projects – Details on our current and past projects, both as fiscal sponsor and ones that are part of our core programs
- Annual Reports – Including finances, donors and grants made
- Mission – Our mission statement and how we pursue it